Diamond Visa Program
The Diamond Visa Program applies to:
- Employees of Corporate Members who need to travel to Belgium on company business;
- accompanying wife/husband or children of the above mentioned at point (1) members of BeLuThai;
- Customers and/or suppliers invited for a business trip by a corporate member company of BeLuThai in the context of their professional, commercial relationship (The purpose of the journey and the link between both companies should be clearly defined);
- accompanying wife/husband or children of the above mentioned at point (3) customers and/or suppliers invited for a business trip by a corporate member company of BeLuThai.
(1) No need to have an invitation letter of a company based in Belgium (the guarantee letter on your company letterhead is sufficient).
(2) In principle, the Belgian Embassy will issue a multiple entry visa valid for at least one year if all required documents are submitted and if the applicant has already received a Schengen visa in the past.
(3) In principle, the visa can be issued in 2 working day only if all required documents are submitted and the applicant has never applied for a visa which has been refused.
(4) Messengers can pick up the passport upon presentation of a proxy signed by the passport holder.
(5) As a member the documentation required is reduced significantly.
(1) The applicant files his/her application with the following supporting documents : see below (required documents)
(2) The application can be dropped in the box at the entrance of the Embassy before 4 pm.
(3) The visa section will check if all required documents have been submitted and if the applicant needs to come to register his/her biometric data in person.
(4) The embassy will contact the applicant to inform him/her if the visa can be directly issued or if the embassy needs more documents or if the applicant needs to come in person for the registration of his/her biometric data. An appointment shall be given between 1pm and 3pm (from Monday to Friday).
(5) In principle, the visa shall be issued the next day.
(6) The applicant has to choose if the passport has to be sent back by EMS or if he/she comes to collect his/her passport.
Note: In accordance with Section 13.2 of the Community Visa Code, applicants are required to come in person to the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok for the registration of his/her personal biometric data. The data are kept in the Schengen Information System for a period of 5 years. The Embassy will check if the applicant needs to register (again) his/her biometric data or not.
(1) Letter/Email from BeLuThai in good standing (confirmation of the membership). The applicant has to specify the following:
- Name as in passport
- Position in the company
- Detailed purpose of your visit
- Duration of stay
- Where will you be residing in Belgium?
- Is Belgium the only country you visit? If not, please specify the others.
(2) Completed and signed Visa Application Form.
(3) 2 passport photos .
(4) Valid passport . Note: In accordance with Section 12 of the Community Visa Code, its validity shall extend at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States, it shall contain at least two blank pages; it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years.
(5) Copy of the ID page of the passport.
(6) Original signed guarantee letter from the company which is corporate member of BeLuThai explaining the purpose of the trip and certifying the identity of the applicant (employee, customer, suppliers or family). The letter should clearly state the guarantee for all related costs, the purpose of visit and the duration of visit.
(7) Medical/travel insurance (if the company has its own insurance: a mention of it in the letter is sufficient).
(8) Visa fee in cash for visa applications at the Belgian Embassy. (2,460 THB unless the Embassy informs otherwise.)
(9) If the applicant is a customer or supplier: additional information regarding the company to which they belong and the program of their contacts in Belgium will be required.
Note: the list of documents mentioned here is a minimal list. The Embassy can request at any time any other additional document or information.
For more information on Schengen visa application in Bangkok, please visit